duminică, 31 ianuarie 2010

Mark Twain


Pe lângă locul de cinste de la Poza Zilei, merită şi nişte citate. Ştiţi...Twain e mai mult decât Aventurile lui Huckleberry Finn. E Samuel Langhorne Clemens

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress.
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
When in doubt, tell the truth.
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.
Man is the Only Animal that Blushes. Or needs to.
The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.

2 comentarii:

  1. imi amintesc si eu de ele cand l-am citit odata...

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Dane iti multumesc inca o data , pe langa scrierile de seama omu avea si un citat specific piparilor:"daca in rai nu fumeaza pipa atunci eu nu intru acolo".
    Sarumana.

    RăspundețiȘtergere