joi, 20 august 2009

Din înţelepciunea lui Tom Waits

  • "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
  • "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
  • "Colder than a well digger's ass."
  • "All the donuts have names that sound like prostitutes."
  • "There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk."
  • "I don't need no make-up, i got real scars, i got hair on my chest, i look good without a shirt."
  • "I've got a bottle for a trumpet, a hatbox for a drum..."
  • "Driving dangerous women over dirty sheets."
  • "The Moon ain't romantic. It's intimaditing as Hell."
  • "I did my time in the jail of your arms."
  • "Drivin' dangerous curves across the dirty sheets."
  • I climb through the window and down to the street.. I'm shining like a new dime. The downtown trains are full... full of all those Brooklyn girls. They try so hard to break out of their little world... You wave your hand and they scatter like crows..."
  • "I'd like to go drowning, but the ocean doesn't want me today."

Un comentariu: