luni, 10 august 2009

Stuck...

Mona tried to tell meTo stay away from the train line.She said that all the railroad menJust drink up your blood like wine.An' I said, "Oh, I didn't know that,But then again, there's only one I've metAn' he just smoked my eyelidsAn' punched my cigarette."Oh, Mama, can this really be the end,To be stuck inside of MobileWith the Memphis blues again.
Grandpa died last weekAnd now he's buried in the rocks,But everybody still talks aboutHow badly they were shocked.But me, I expected it to happen,I knew he'd lost controlWhen he built a fire on Main StreetAnd shot it full of holes.Oh, Mama, can this really be the end,To be stuck inside of MobileWith the Memphis blues again.
Now the senator came down hereShowing ev'ryone his gun,Handing out free ticketsTo the wedding of his son.An' me, I nearly got bustedAn' wouldn't it be my luckTo get caught without a ticketAnd be discovered beneath a truck.Oh, Mama, can this really be the end,To be stuck inside of MobileWith the Memphis blues again.

2 comentarii:

  1. aoleo cum e scris... m-am chinuit putin la intonatie... dar fie ;))

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. versuri şi compoziţie muzicală: ioniţă constantin.

    RăspundețiȘtergere